Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of Lifting Gear can I wear in the BPO ???
- See “General Rules to be Observed” section
Can I wear Chuck Taylors..??
Can I raise my feet off the Floor while Benching..??
- NO….the soles must remain flat ( in contact with the floor)…No tip toes or on the sides
Can I use Baby Powder.. ??
- NO…no talc or baby powder to be used.
Will there be a Monolift at my meet..??
- Monolifts are approved for all BPO Meetings..Monolifts are Mandatory for British, European, and World Championships. Please contact Meet Director.
What are the Bench Press commands…???
- They are – “PRESS”…..and….”RACK”
How are the “BEST LIFTER” Awards calculated???
- At all competitions where Best Lifter Awards are presented, placing will be established by the WILKS formula. Scoring of the best Master lifter will use the McCulloch (Revised) formula
Can I wear Briefs…and can they have legs???
- YES !! (Single-ply)
How can I join the BPO???
- E-mail Membership Info for the forms and Info.
- ( BPO Account Link )
What about Raw Lifting ???
- Raw Lifting : BPO document link
The use of Broadband Internet Service Provider’s is highly recommended for optimum viewing of this site.
Due to the High Resolution Video content this site features……we ask for your patience as the video page loads. Some Users may require the: Adobe Flash Player
You must enable JAVA to view all of this sites features.
Microsoft “Edge” , Firefox , Chrome, and Opera are the “preferred” Browser selections
** Security for this website is achieved through multiple Server Side State-of-the-Art security suites…..user protection is further enhanced through 2048 Bit SSL Encryption on the Server. **